The International Research Conference XXIV Slavic Readings
Aktualizēts 21.02.2019 13:55
May 16 – 17, 2019
The International Research Conference
XXIV Slavic Readings
The Department of Russian and Slavonic Studies,
The conference organizers issue a call for papers on topical problems in Russian and Slavic studies aiming to discuss the trends of the development of the Russian language, literature and culture in a multilingual context. The work of the conference groups is planned to be organized in two directions:
- Actual problems of Russian and Slavic studies (scientific aspect):
- Slavic languages: history and the contemporary period
- Slavic literatures: history and the contemporary period
- Slavic – Baltic language, literary and cultural relations
- Russian literature in the context of world literature
2. The Russian language, literature and culture in a multilingual context (pragmatic aspect):
- The studies of Russian literature in the contemporary world
- The Russian language in a multicultural context
- Innovative methods in teaching Russian as a foreign language
Languages: Russian, Latvian, English
Conference papers are published in the collection “Slavic Readings”. The conference organizers claim the right to select papers for presentation and publishing depending on the research appeal of the suggested topic and its compliance with the tasks of the conference.
Participation fees – 35 EUR, paid upon registration.
The travel and lodging expenses are covered by the conference participants or their home institution. Deadline for submissions is March 10, 2019.
Registration on the conference website:
Department of Russian and Slavic Linguistics,
Vienības 13, Daugavpils, LV5401, Latvia
Phone: +371 65471571;
Fax: + 371 65422611;
e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
The general sponsor of the Conference is the “Learn Russian in the European Union” project, offering study abroad programs in the Russian language and regional studies.