International Scientific Summer School
Aktualizēts 13.07.2021 08:32
Daugavpils University invite you to take part in the scientific summer school
“Baltic Germans heritage in Latgale of the 16th – 20th century”
Duration: August 16 – 21, 2021
Venue: Daugavpils, Daugavpils University, 13 Vienības Street
The main topics of the school are:
- Informative potential of sources in the study of social and ethnic relations.
- Auxiliary sciences of history in the socio-ethnic relation research.
- The actual issues of the socio-ethnic relations research.
- Families of the Baltic German nobles in Latgale.
- German public and political figures in Latgale.
- The legal status of Germans from the 16th to the 20th
The scientific school is funded by the Latvian Council of Science, in the framework of the Latvian Science Council project lzp 2020/2-0136 “The Baltic Germans of Latgale in the context of social and ethnic relations from the 17th to the beginning of the 20th century”. The costs associated with participating at the school are covered by the project. The costs of travel (including the safety measures for COVID19 prevention) have to be covered by the participants themselves.
Working languages: Latvian, English
Terms of application: deadline for application is July 18, 2021.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, +371 226622136
We sincerely recommend participating in the school only to EU-citizens who can present a valid digital certificate, thus, no self-isolation or additional testing rules have to be complied with.
Please send the filled in application form to Tatjana Bogdanoviča: email@example.com