Institute of Art
13 Vienības Street, Room 201
Daugavpils, LV- 5400, Latvia
Phone: +371 26555600
|Mg.art., Mg.paed.||Zeltīte Barševska, E-mail: zeltite.barsevska[at]du.lv|
|Dr.art.||Baiba Jaunslaviete, E-mail: baiba.jaunslaviete[at]jvlma.lv|
|Dr.arch.||Ilmārs Dirveiks, E-mail: dirveiks[at]gmail.com|
Daugavpils University Institute of Art is a scientific research department, which was established in 2010. Its aim is to promote researches in arts and to realize communication among arts researhers at the national and international cultural spaces. Since 01.09.2014. the structure of Institute of Art includes also a new Design Laboratory. Designers – Mg.art., Mg.paed. Ilze Meldere and Mg.paed., Bc.art. Dita Kiceja – Slavicka.
Main Research Directions:
- Arts in Latvia: retrospective and contemporary.
- History and theory of architecture in Latvia (19th century – nowadays).
- Musicology aspects in Latvia.
- Development of folk applied art in Latvia (end of the19th century- the 20th century).
- Traditions of adorning textiles in multicultural environment of Latgale (end of the19th century-20th century).
- Ornament elements in crocheted towel end lace in Latgale (end of the 19th century- 20th century)
October 24. – 25., 2014 – 3rd Autumn Conference;
October 25. – 26., 2013 – 2nd Autumn Conference;
October 26., 2012 – 1st Autumn Conference.