Beginning of academic year 2020/2021
Aktualizēts 11.08.2020 10:45
Daugavpils University officially announces the 1st of September as the beginning of academic year 2020/2021.
As the pandemic situation in Latvia was cancelled on June 10th, and the level of spread of COVID-19 in Latvia currently is low enough in comparison with other countries, we took a decision to renew face-to-face lectures at the university.
We request that all DU employees to pay special attention, to observe the hygiene regulations and to act responsibly towards each other. All university staff, students and visitors are invited to take the following personal preventive measures:
- Make sure to use hand sanitizer at the entrance of the University;
- Keep a safe distance of at least 1 m between yourself and other people when communicating;
- Follow general hygiene requirements, do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or handkerchief or the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing;
- Ventilate workplaces; clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces;
- If you have a fever or other symptoms of cold, suffer from chronic illnesses or have been issued with a certificate of incapacity for work, notify your immediate manager by phone or by e-mail and stay at home;
- If you experience symptoms typical of COVID-19, have had contact with the virus carrier or want to consult on related issues, contact the coronavirus hotline immediately by phone 8303;
- Avoid unnecessary trips, be vigilant and responsible, protect your health and the health of those around you.
! Daugavpils University follows all updates on the COVID-19 situation in Latvia and in the world, and in case of necessity the decision to enlarge the amount of online lectures or to cancel face-to-face meetings may still be taken.
International and Public Relations Office