BaltNord kick-off meeting in Tartu
Aktualizēts 01.10.2016 14:02
On 29th September 2016 the kick-off meeting of the Nordplus Horizontal programme project “BaltNord network for science communication” took place in AHHAA Science centre, Tartu, Estonia. The consortium of 4 partners: Daugavpils University (DU), Latvia (coordinating institution), Science Centre AHHAA Foundation (AHHAA), Estonia, Šiauliai University (SU), Lithuania and University of Iceland (UI), Iceland discussed and planned the implementation of project activities in science communication sphere.
As a result of the meeting the following schedule of the project events was approved:
1. First science communication training course in Daugavpils, Latvia for Latvian and Lithuanian audiences on 8 – 9 November 2016. The target audience: teachers, scientists, researchers, academic staff, students, municipality specialists etc.
2. First international workshop (experience exchange seminar) in Siauliai, Lithuania for project partner representatives on 6 -7 December 2016.
3. Second science communication training course in Reykjavik, Iceland for Icelandic audience on 20 March 2017, for Estonian, Latvian and Lithuanian audiences on 21 March 2017.
4. Second international workshop (experience exchange seminar) in Reykjavik, Iceland on 22-23 March 2017.
5. Researchers’ competition in Daugavpils, Latvia for Latvian and Lithuanian audiences in May 2017 (the exact date will be announced later).
The project is designed to solve such issue as diversification and development of science communication events in Baltic and Nordic region through best practice and positive partners’ experience.
For more detailed information please contact project coordinator in your country.
Contacts: Viktorija Cirse email@example.com (Daugavpils University, Latvia)
Helin Haaga Helin.Haga@ahhaa.ee (AHHAA Science Centre, Estonia)
Gudrun Bachman firstname.lastname@example.org (University of Iceland, Iceland)
Ingrida Šauliene email@example.com (Sauliai University, Lithuania)